Collegiate Sports | Contact Persons in Hanover | Residing in Hanover | Aktivpass | Apps in Hanover | Psychological Care | Locals, nightlife, events | Maps Hanover
In the city and region of Hanover there are several helpdesks that especially look after refugees who are dealing with psychological problems.
From the first of march 2015 on refugees are able to access the benefit of the statutory health insurance,this means also for the regular offers of psychotherapy and psychiatry, if they stayed in Germany for 15 months already.
Furthermore several places offer counseling independently from the residence permit status.
If you are searching for a place to go which helps you with psychological and psychosocial issues here are some of them:
- Netzwerk für traumatisierte Flüchtlinge The NTFN assists you with gaining access to psychological counsel and advise you independently from your residence permit status. It communicates specialist solicitors and interpreters. Additionally the NTFN is campaigning for the right of residence for traumatized refugees. On their website you will find their flyer in multiple languages (e.g. Arabic).
- The Initiative für einen Internationalen Kulturaustausch (IIK) offers you social consultation for the topics: Problems with the government agency, apartment-hunting, questions about right of residence, filling out forms, naturalization and intermediation of lawyers, doctors and interpreters.
- You get a special aid for women (also with kids) at the Frauen- und Kinderschutzhaus Hannover. This house is opened at every day- and nighttime and offers shelter for women, who are threatened by violence or are affected by violence at the moment.
- SUANA is also a place to go especially for refugee women and migrants who are affected by domestic abuse, forced marriage and stalking.
- Another place to go is the „Flüchtlingsbüro – Beratungsstelle für MigrantInnen und Flüchtlinge“ of the Kargah. Kargah advises refugees, migrants, persons without documents and unaccompanied refugee minors and offers counseling for questions about rights of residence, right of asylum and right of benefit. It helps with language problems and advises you with familial, psychosocial and health issues. Furthermore it gives advice at petition to the niedersächsische Härtefallkommission, at questions about work permit and at the integration of refugees in the job market.
- For refugees who have stayed in Germany for already 15 months there is also the offer from the Sozialpsychiatrischer Dienst in der Region Hannover. It offers ambulant services for mentally ill persons and their relatives.